---------------------------------------------------

Per essere spiriti liberi, ci vuole una certa disciplina

---------------------------------------------------

lunedì 3 agosto 2009

People can be wonderfully different

D - what's going on in your life?

T - well I FINALLY found a church that I feel comfortable in
- I've been thinking of writing a blog because the story of how I found them is (in my opinion) remarkable
- in your leisure you can read about it

D - I didn't know you were looking for it, but now I'm ready to hear the whole story

T - well I went home to NY one weekend in May and I sat next to an Asian guy
- he told me about his church and I gave him my business card
- he didn't e-mail me till 3 weeks later saying hey come meet up with me and my friends for dinner
- one of his friends, Susan, has a roommate that co-leads a bible study group on Thursdays and I've been going there ever since
- the thing is that when I met Terry's friends...they were all Asian so I knew that the bible study was going to be ALL Asian too so I was a little nervous

D - what do you mean 'asian bible study' ?
- for the people o for the cultural point of view?

T - no, I've never been around a lot of Asians before so I felt weird at first
- that's all
- but they were really welcoming and friendly
- a lot of them came to the US when they were kids so they are "americanized"
- I just think this is so great because it was something I was praying for since I've moved to Houston
- and sometimes prayer isn't answered right away for a reason
- they just started that bible study in April and I met Terry in May
- I really truly thank God for them every week because it really means a lot to me...words can't describe

Nessun commento: